If you can’t find the answer to your question please get in touch!

Do I need ID?
Yes (more details click here)
Do you take fridges?
Do you take gas bottles?
Do a need a council issued licence?
No –if it is your own material or it is only a minor part of your business

Yes –if you collect scrap for a living or it is a principal part of your business

Do I need a Waste carriers licence(WCL)?
No if you are carrying your own material

Yes if you are carrying material on behalf of somebody else or  you collect scrap for a living.

Certain commercial businesses require  a WCL. see Environment Agency web site